Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 - after update to Android 9 Pie, Always on Display not working

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 09:28 AM)
joekoolness
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

yesterday I've upgraded my S8 Edge to Android 9 Pie but AOD (Always On display) is not working. I select it, configure it (I've tried all the possibilities), even change the clock style, but when I press the power button to lock it get's all black, no AOD.

When I unblock it, the AOD setting is disabled. It seems that somehow the AOD configurations/settings are not saved.

Anyone with the same issue? The app does not ask for permissions but it seems to need permission to access to files.

Thanks for the help, I really need the AOD working.

Rgds,

Ricardo.

Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Solution
joekoolness
Journeyman
Options

Solved with Factory reset

0 Likes
droy
First Poster
Options

Johnboy1979's solution worked fore me!

Quite the tucked away AOD-options menu...

Thankfully I did NOT go straight to the "Solved!" solution of "Factory Reset."

RUaMustang2
First Poster
Options
Thank you! I didn't realize "tap to show" was an option. I just thought it wasn't working. After clicking one of the other 2 options it worked like before update.
0 Likes
NZOC
First Poster
Options

Having the AOD issue here, in the settings it's all on as it should be but still not working. Hoping it starts working as I don't want to resort to a factory reset then have to f$#k around getting everything back to how to want it again.

0 Likes
Caradocus
First Poster
Options

I just got my S8 figured out, You dont do factory reset of the phone but of the app it self. 

Settings>Lock Screen>Always on Display>About Always On Display>i ( In the top right corner)> click on version on the bottom. then theres > reset to factory

0 Likes
NZOC
First Poster
Options

Just tried that. Nothing happens when I press on version. Tried the factory reset the other day, still nothing.

On a side note though, AOD does work for me, just not with the clear view cover.

0 Likes
Sugarpop
First Poster
Options

I have solved it much easier then factory reset. This is how I've done it .

Settings-> lock screen-> Always on Display (you need to click on the text)->display mode->show always.

By default it is switched off for some reason.

Above is my guessing of English names of menus(my interface is in Russian), but I hope you can figure it out.

Good luck!

0 Likes