Support

Open search

S8 Unable to change colour of navigation key background

Explorer
Spoiler
S8 Unable to change colour of navigation key background since last update I do not get the colour palette Now?
4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm afraid the colour palette is no longer available @Galaxy1

It's just the pastel colours that are now available. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

Many thanks for your reply but why would they disable that feature? I have also found that they size adjustment of apps no longer works as well is that also part of this update? Is it Android or Samsung changes?

Regards @Galaxy1

Superuser I
Superuser I

You're very Welcome @Galaxy1

Invariably when an update is pushed out in can hold changes to the Ui and settings as well as bugs fixes and security patches. 

I assume Samsung would look at opinions fed back to them from owners and when also adding things to the firmware that may mean something has to be removed as it may clash. 

Google provide the structure and Samsung's Software / Firmware division will I assume be constantly striving to fine tune and improve the user experience on their phones with the firmware. 

This forum is monitored by Samsung so I'm sure your opinion on wanting this feature back will be logged and fedback. Your not the first to question its removal. 

Who knows a future update may bring it back or it maybe in the new O firmware currently in Beta. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Again thank you for taking the time for a detailed explanation from the software supplier viewpoint where I accept some of the reasoning but as a consumer you become increasingly frustrated with suppliers who appear to randomly change a products performance and expect the consumer to just accept the change without being given some detail of the impact the "update" will have on your product.  Microsoft constantly does this and gets a lot of unhappy consumers and now it seems Google and Samsung are falling into the same pattern (not just in this issue) let's hope they start to consider their consumers needs to kept in the loop of why some of these changes are made and what exactly these "updates " will make to the product their customers now own and why they are making the changes it's called "communication" and is the greatest marketing tool.

Top Liked Authors