Support

Open search

S8 Samsung Health Calorie Counter Accuracy

Highlighted

So I have been using Samsung Health to keep track of calories going in and out. I used to use Google fit in pair with My Fitness Pal, but when I discovered that Samsung Health can log both calories out and in I switched to that. I have recently stopped because I honestly feel like it is innaccurate in measuring the amount of caloies I have burned and therefore causing me to not eat enough if I go by their guidelines. I am small build for my height, 5'6" and normally in the 122-125 range. On a dail;y basis Google Fit shows me burning way more calories at rest vs Samsung Health. Like today for example, Samsung Health has me at only having burned 934 calories all day (it is 3:30PM), and Google Fit has me at 1,400. Google Fit is often hundreds of calories over Samsung Health's final tally at the end of the day. Does ayone else have this problem? I know I am small so I will burn less calories, but I walk on average 6,000 steps a day, use a standing desk and barely sit at all, am very active. I just feel like my resting calories should be  over 1100-1200 for an entire day let alone added together with activity burned calories. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

I've observed the same thing. I dont believe they are accounting properly for basal metabolic rate. Based on a number of BMR calculators I've used on the Internet, I think they are undercounting  my total caloric expenditure by 400 to 500 calories.  On days when I walk 5 miles it looks like the total calories expended are nearly equal to just my BMR. I dont know if Samsung has posted an explanation of their methodology  anywhere.

Highlighted

Yes, I have had this issue with Samsung Health not logging my burned calories accurately. I have been using the app for about a year and it has never been accurate. For example when I exercise, it has me burning 1 calorie every minute in an RPM class!!. However I haven't got a solution to my problem, it seems the Samsung Health app is all over the place inconsistent when it comes to calories burned. So frustrating!!

Top Liked Authors