Support

Open search

S8 Mobile Data not working

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought the Galaxy S8 and I notice that Mobile data is not working. It switches on but when I try to go onto a website or use any app that requires internet, it says that I am not online. It will not sync emails either. I have switched on and off Mobile data without success.  Even when it says that I am connected via mobile data, I still can't get online. Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. DJ22

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Hi Andrew. Thanks for your response. The problem was that the phone did not come with full internet applications as I bought it outright. Once installed mobile data worked perfectly. Thanks again. Dj22

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @DJ22
If possible are you able to try your SIM card in another compatible phone to see if the issue persists. This will help to determine if the issue lies with the phone or your network. Similarly, I recommend contacting your network directly to enquire about any restrictions to your Mobile Data allowance as you may have a cap that you've recently exceeded. Let us know how you get on.
Apprentice
Hi Andrew. Thanks for your response. The problem was that the phone did not come with full internet applications as I bought it outright. Once installed mobile data worked perfectly. Thanks again. Dj22

View solution in original post

First Poster

Could you let me know the specifics of how you fixed it? Im having the same issue

Apprentice

Hi Robert. The problem I had was that the phone didn't come with come with full internet application as I bought it from a super rather than a phone contractor. I contacted my phone contractor, EE , and they downloaded the necessary software. It solved the problem immediately. Good luck. DJ22 

Top Liked Authors