Pre-Oedered my S8, was very happy with it until last week when the phone updated. The notification LED does not work now, even when the phone is charging. I have checked in settings > display > LED indicator and it is turned on. The LED indicator worked before the update so I am doubtful that it is a hardware issue. Any ideas? thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
Further update. I received a software update on my phone this afternoon. Accepted it as I thought with a newnphine coming on Monday I don't have anything to loose.... and.... it's fixed! Hurrah!! Defo software issue as I had tried everything. Cancelled replacement phone and all is right with my handset now.
Preform a reset if it is still not working take it back to where you got it from (back up data before you do)
1. Turn off the phone completely.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP (and HOME) + power on the phone.
3. When Android Recovery menu screen appears release all keys.
4. Navigate and highlight "wipe data / factory reset" using the Volume down key and press power.
5. Navigate and highlight again to Yes -- delete all data and press power.
6. All data will be lost! Before doing a hard reset backup all important data.
After hard reset is done select Reboot system now. Press power to reboot the phone.