Support

Open search

S8 LED not working after update

Apprentice

Hi, thanks for the message. All seems to be working now after this afternoon's android update. 

I can't get it to work on WhatsApp messages but I think that is down to settings. WhatsApp appears to have more settings than other apps?! 

Observer

You all might find this really stupid or very helpful, but I have been reading all over the web to find the cause of the LED light not working. I've tried the partition wipe, app cache wipes and others, but just a moment ago I was screwing around with the display settings, changing from adaptive to amoled and whatever... underneath the smart stay option, I see LED Indicator and it's selected to off. I set it to on and did a notification preview in my txt app and the LED works now. Hope this helps someone!

First Poster

I was having the same problem in my s8, but I installed some updates and it started to work again.error-samsung-s8.jpg

fonte: https://seucarro.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/error-samsung-s8.jpg

First Poster

Anyone else got this issue with the latest update? I have tried everthing mentioned in this thread but so far nothing seems to work.  No LED clock or anything on the case.

First Poster

Works intermitantly, only had it a couple of weeks. thinking of sending it back.

Apprentice

Usually Led don't work then switched on power saving mode.

I have tested it and it works correctly.but when i connect charger or have some notifications,it doesnt work at all!
Highlighted
First Poster
Still not working on mine despite trying everything in this thread
First Poster

I rang Samsung support. They talked me through things to do but non of it worked so they advised me to return it to the seller.This I did and got a full refund. I have now got one that works fine.

First Poster

How did u get this update???

Top Liked Authors