Open search

S8 LED not working after update

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Okay I have had a look in to it and it looks like it could be an easy fix 

1st

How to clear app cache/data?

1. Go to the Settings menu. Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu.
  2. Depending on your device you may have to click on Application manager.
  3. Locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for. (If you are looking for system apps you may have to click "More" menu and click "Show System apps").
  4. Tap on Storage and you can see clear cache and data buttons. 

2nd

Go in to notifications and toggle the the top slider on (so all apps turn on) you can change the others back off after let me know if you have followed this and if it worked @7prose7 @Akrubas @Ryan82

First Poster
Hasn't worked for me
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok one last thing to try is a cache wipe (does not effect any of your data)

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

if this does not work I would have to say it needs to be returned to samsung or retailer

Apprentice

Nothing worked for me. Return device and DON'T run software update on new one. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

TBH no reason not to run the update not every phone has had this issue only a small few so chance it would happen again is very remote.

First Poster
Nothing has worked for me.

Spoken to O2 they want to send it for repair. I've only had it for 30 days! Had S6 for over 2 years and that never broke
Apprentice

I have got the same issues. Tried all of the suggested fixes and nothing as worked.

Taking phone back to Vodafone on Saturday. If you have a contract phone you can cancel the contract within 30 days.

So if the offer to send it off for repair, which chances are they will return a refurb, cancel your contract return the phone and take out another contract...

Not impressed tho, this is my first Samsung phone.... I don't think I will be buying another....

Apprentice
Update. Vodafone have declared the LED broken and are sending out a replacement. Setting auto update to manual will be the first thing I do when I get the new one!
Apprentice

Further update. I received a software update on my phone this afternoon. Accepted it as I thought with a newnphine coming on Monday I don't have anything to loose.... and.... it's fixed! Hurrah!! Defo software issue as I had tried everything. Cancelled replacement phone and all is right with my handset now.

Apprentice

The second phone I had, the software update worked fine. No issues. 100% a software problem.

Top Liked Authors