Support

Open search

S8 LED not working after update

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Pre-Oedered my S8, was very happy with it until last week when the phone updated. The notification LED does not work now, even when the phone is charging. I have checked in settings > display > LED indicator and it is turned on. The LED indicator worked before the update so I am doubtful that it is a hardware issue. Any ideas? thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Further update. I received a software update on my phone this afternoon. Accepted it as I thought with a newnphine coming on Monday I don't have anything to loose.... and.... it's fixed! Hurrah!! Defo software issue as I had tried everything. Cancelled replacement phone and all is right with my handset now.

29 REPLIES 29
Superuser I
Superuser I

Preform a reset if it is still not working take it back to where you got it from (back up data before you do) 

1. Turn off the phone completely.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP (and HOME) + power on the phone.
3. When Android Recovery menu screen appears release all keys.
4. Navigate and highlight "wipe data / factory reset" using the Volume down key and press power.
5. Navigate and highlight again to Yes -- delete all data and press power.
6. All data will be lost! Before doing a hard reset backup all important data.
After hard reset is done select Reboot system now. Press power to reboot the phone.

Apprentice

I also have the same issue. Was working for 1 week. Updated software and the LED lights stopped working. Wiped device and restored, still not working. Help!

First Poster

Yeah mine still isn't working, not sure what to do.

First Poster
Has anyone sorted this yet? Mine stopped today on my S8
Apprentice

Hi, I returned my phone to EE because they had no fix. On the replacement, I haven't installed the software update. Working fine.

First Poster
Where they ok about taking it back since it seems to be something with the update?

If you don't install the update won't apps eventually stop working?
Apprentice

It was fine because I'd only had the phone 2 weeks. All apps working fine on new phone so far.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Have you all tested the Led go to the dialer type *#0*# and select LED then cycle through the colours 

First Poster
Yeah I tried this my led doesn't light up at all
Top Liked Authors