Support

Open search

S8+ Keeps losing pix. Very Anoyed

First Poster

I have taken lots of holiday pix that will not open!!!! I have lost mamy valuable irreplacable pix. Very annoyed. I have not installed any new apps. This is rubish. I can see it has also been an issue for others. VERY ANNOYING samsung. I have to wonder if the iphone has this issue. On tv samsung BRAG about the 'camera redefined', what a joke. I am telling all my friends and family avout this as well as poating the issue on the web. Grrrrrr. VERY UPSET.

7 REPLIES 7
Helping Hand
Thank you for the clear analysis of your problem. Clearly it is 100% fault of the product and according to your very in depth "technical" troubleshoot, there was nothing you can do!

Also the lack of a questions in your story and the !!!!!'s and Grrrrrs shows me you are an expert on this subject.

/s

---------
Never gonna give you up!
Mvg,
T.K.
First Poster

@Talí wrote:
Thank you for the clear analysis of your problem. Clearly it is 100% fault of the product and according to your very in depth "technical" troubleshoot, there was nothing you can do!

Also the lack of a questions in your story and the !!!!!'s and Grrrrrs shows me you are an expert on this subject.

/s

/s - Thank you for your response. You are incorrect, i am NO expert, just a frustrated amateur. Your concise response is in no way pompous and has really helped me find a solution. Again, thank you for your valuable time and effort.  

Pathfinder

@Talí@Sporty1290GT Let's keep the conversation productive, guys!

Can you confirm whether your files are stored on an SD card, and can you clarify what you mean by not opening? For instance, any error error messages or is there an exclamation mark in place of the image icon? 

Thanks,

Liam

take_01.jpg

First Poster

Hi, yes, i have used an sd card for my images, a samsung 32gb. It was working fine, no issues. 
The images would not display, all i see is an exclamation mark. I have since bought a new sd card and it does seem to work fine, i am still testing it, as the previous sd card also once worked fine. I hope it does not repeat the same issue. As said, very annoying to lose irreplacable holiday pix. Grrrrrrr  

Highlighted
Voyager

We're happy to hear the new SD card is working for you @Sporty1290GT! We understand the importance of keeping those all important memories, so to be on the safe side, we'd recommend keeping all your data backed to prevent this from happening again. Check out this link here for the many ways you can do this.

:womanvery-happy:

samos.png

First Poster

As said, i bought another SD card, a 32gb Samsung. To test i have taken more pix and i find that out of last nights pic's - 1 out of 6 does not display, i just get the excalmation mark. Pffff, really!! Do i have to check each pic now to make sure it's not corrupted? It would be nice to have a phone that i can trust to retain my pictures. My experience so far is that i cannot trust this phone or it's sD card...

First Poster
Btw - I don't use cloud back up, why incur added expense to upload (wifi is not often available when i'm camping on holiday) and if were not careful we waste soooooo much time backing stuff up and life passes you by. These items really should be trustworthy and transparent/invisible to use and not take over our time, checking data, backing up data, updates more updates amd trouble shooting. Technology is great but only if it can enhance life, not frustrate.
Top Liked Authors