Support

Open search

S8 Full Screen Instagram

Apprentice

@AndrewL wrote:
@JucksAs a workaround you may wish to try going to Settings > Display > Screen Zoom and Font > Screen Zoom and moving the slider to the left to see if this helps the app fit the screen a little better.

DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!

Please collaborate with Instagram to fix this issue. 

Please let me know as well smh. this is so inconvenient it's not even funny.

Apprentice

I just noticed that the same thing is happening on Facebook!!!!!!!!!

Worst part is I can't even take the apps out of full screen mode because they are "optimized" for it. 

Samsung please work with Facebook and Instagram to fix this!

I've reached out to Instagram numerous times but their help center does not help at all. 

Hope this case is reopened and not marked as resolved!

First Poster

Me too. I have a same problem on my s9 plus as well. When I saw a friend's story but it suddenly cut because of the full screen display that I cannot control.. 

First Poster

Me too. I have a same problem on my s9 plus as well. When I saw a friend's story but it suddenly cut because of the full screen display that I cannot control.

I just looked this up because it has been driving me nuts. 

One tip for stories - you can hold your finger down and it will pause the story so you have longer to read text. I've been having to do this in order to figure out a lot of things people have shared. 

Re boomerang. The app is still messed up but the WORKAROUND is if you go into the part of IG where you create a story, click on boomerang in there and take the boomerang, then save it and/or add it to your story - it doesn't have issues with discoloration! 

It's now 29/08/18 and this is still not solved I can't read other people's story's on Instagram as it cuts off text it's also on other games I have where it's all too big for the screen so cuts things off, it's extremely frustrating

First Poster

I just got the Note 9 and I have the same problem. Firstly, I thought people might have placed the text far too left or right as the text was always cut out. But then I realised the zoomed in display for all the pics when I opened Instagram on C9 Pro (previous phone) and it was perfectly fit there. Samsung please fix this issues with Instagram and any other apps with stories (almost all). 

Thank You

Highlighted
Apprentice
I have the same problem on the note 9. Are they even going to fix this? Why aren't all apps optimized properly for all devices. What is so special about Apple / iPhones that everything works well for them?

Yes the problem is still there.. such a disappointment from Samsung.. also Instagram in my s8 doesnt have the emoticon feature on the stories, like all other android phones.. it still has only the camera icon in the left of the writing box!

Top Liked Authors