Support

Open search

S8 Full Screen Instagram

Apprentice
the only thing we can do is hoping that Instagram will optimize the app for non iPhone's users because atm it works flawlessly on Apple devices but really really bad on Samsung. S9 plus user here
Le'ts report this trough the app, let's ALL do this and finger crossed for getting it fixed!
Apprentice

Hi,

I would like to reopen this issue as it has not been fixed by Instagram till to this date. Reporting the bug doesn't seem to get Instagram's attention and I didn't buy a $840 phone just to have unoptimized apps claiming to be optimized for infinity display. 

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED AS OF 5/17/2018 AND SHOULD NOT BE MARKED AS SOLVE. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
and I hate that Samsung marked this as solved because it's obviously not solved. I know this issue might be trivial but come on. I didn't pay for a $840 phone to have these inconveniences.

Have this problem on my S9 with Instagram. It's forced to be in full screen mode but cuts off the sides of the pics. Super frustrating that the Samsung software does not let me take it out of full-screen mode. This issue has definitely not been fixed as of today.

First Poster

I have an S9 and same problem. You also cant use boomerang. When you play it back, the colors are all weird. 

Apprentice

THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED!!! Samsung, I beg you, work with Instagram or whatever and find a fix!!! I'm managing 3+ social media accounts on my phone, and when the creative does not match the screen it gets QUITE ANNOYING. You gotta understand this is actually literally my job, so please please fix it, or suggest a workaround!!!

Apprentice

Can you at least recommend a compensation-size for our stories as a temporary fix? I cant figure out the exact dimensions.

AndrewL Moderator
@Jucks As a workaround you may wish to try going to Settings > Display > Screen Zoom and Font > Screen Zoom and moving the slider to the left to see if this helps the app fit the screen a little better.
First Poster

I will try that, thanks! ...do you happen to have a fix for the boomerang issue?

Apprentice

That does not work. 

Top Liked Authors