Support

Open search

S8 Full Screen Instagram

Highlighted

Hi. Is there a way to exit the full screen option on Instagram/Snapchat? It's greyed out in my full screen options in settings. 

Thanks. 

77 REPLIES 77
LiamH Moderator

Hey @Rorymcconnell

If an application is optimised to be a full screen app, you're unable to exit full screen. Because Instagram and Snapchat are optimised to run full screen, you can't do this. 

The option for Full Screen Apps within Settings is there so users can use the full screen on the S8 and S8+, even if the app hasn't been optimised for use with Infinity Display by the developer. 

LiamH

take_01.jpg

First Poster
But it's badly optimized! It cuts off the sides of the photo when using the Story feature and then when someone is viewing that photo on a standard 16:9 phone, their screen cuts of the top and bottom of the photo! It ends up zoomed in by like 15%
Apprentice
Yes, it is very badly optimized, I found particularly annoying not been able to read the beginning or end of most texts close to edges in stories.
Explorer

How the he'll are you getting full screen Instagram?I've tried every thing but can get rid of the it tool bar at the bottom

First Poster

@Live1 wrote:

How the he'll are you getting full screen Instagram?I've tried every thing but can get rid of the it tool bar at the bottom

Double tap the dot on the left of the bottom bar. Update your software if it isn't there.

First Poster

Double tap the dot on the left of the bottom bar. Update your software if it isn't there.

Explorer

Lol that is not how to remove the it tool bar.that is how to hide the touch wiz tool bar.the ok says he is using it in full screen.i have my tool bar hidden and status bar hidden using immersive mode.but the it app is not full screen there is the it bar at the bottom .here is a screen shot of ig as you can see the Instagram tool bar is there 

Screenshot_20180127-162334.jpg

Apprentice
Everyone has that tool bar in regular IG mode, we are talking about when watching stories our screens are zoomed.
Apprentice
Have you figured out if there's a fix?
Top Liked Authors