Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Folder Problem

(Topic created on: 11-08-2019 10:00 AM)
Bevissam
Student
Options

I have a new folder appear in the bottom line of folders that has a grey square triangle star and circle in. When I click it it opens up my apps. But I can't move or delete it and I dont want it (I can access my apps by swiping up).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. 20190811_004339.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Bevissam: I'm not familiar with this. To double check that it is not a variant of the Apps button altered by a theme, please go to Settings > Display > Home Screen > Apps Button, and flip the switch to the left so it greys out. If the above isn't applicable then please restart the S8 in Safe Mode via the steps below. If the button is not visible while in Safe Mode then please restart your phone as you would normally and remove any recently installed, third party apps.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S8 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
Bevissam
Student
Options
Thanks AndrewL, turns out to be the App list button, although it was turned on is beyond me. Thanks 😀👍
AndrewL
Options
You're welcome @Bevissam. Glad to hear it's sorted
0 Likes