Support

Open search

S8+ Finder Keyboard

Highlighted

Hi, 

I have a Samsung S8 + running latest android version and when I swipe down the centre of the screen to show the finder window it displays with the search box but the keyboard doesn't show up until I tap in the search box. If I add Finder to my home screen and open the Finder app the keyboard opens ready to type straight into the search, anyone else experiencing this little quirk / know a way around it?

Thanks

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser I
Superuser I

If I swipe down on my s8 I open up my unread notifications and toggles. 

If I swipe up it opens up my app tray to show all my apps. 

The finder window is at the top but my keyboard does not auto open. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

I have same issue

Galaxy s10+ and still the same problem. Any ideas Samsung? We want finder to work the same way iPhone does - autodisplay keyboard on finder launch (from swiping up in my case)

First Poster

Yesss give us what we want! Pleasr

Observer
Same issue when I had my s8+ and now with my s10+
It's so annoying that the keyboard dont popup when i swipe up to the app pages...
Basic UX functionally specially in a big phone where the search field is all the way up...
Pls fix it
Observer
Please, add this. I can do this in my OnePlus, it's a simple QoL update, please Samsung.

Yes fix this ASAP!!!

First Poster

Due to this reason I installed EVIE launcher, which is a perfect free replacement for Samsung One UI. It is lightning fast, the search works as one would expect and the notification badges work better than in One UI.

Top Liked Authors