Support

Open search

S8- Fast charge stopped working

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi,

Anyone facing issue with fast charging on Samsung S8 phone, it stopped working all of a sudden?

Device even fails to charge with the original charger that came with the phone, it only charge via USB port or any other standard charger.

Hoping to get some answer in case if there is any setting/tweak available for this. I have so far tried reset of device to factory reset which hasn’t helped.

Many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Thank you for taking time to reply. 

It was actually a system board problem.

View solution in original post

Explorer

My phone was sent for repair and the fault was with the SUB Board and this was replaced. I had my phone back the very next day, so was a quick repair. They also replaced the charger.

23 REPLIES 23
Superuser I
Superuser I

It sounds to me that the original charger is failing in some way @DeeDee76

To test this theory can you try another Official Fast Charger from Samsung to charge your phone ensuring the fast charging settings are still toggled On, and try charging another samsung s8 with your own original charger. 

If you do not have any access to either then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location will have access. 

I believe the charger will will have a 12 Month Manufacturing Warranty and your phone will have a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty as long as it hasn't been damaged via a drop or from water / moisture inside it. Check the water sensor in the SIM card slot. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

My Fast Charging has stopped working recently, I noticed this after I completed a firmware update.

It l@@ks like a common problem after reviewing many community posts.

May need to be sent off for investigation/repair, something I'm reluctant to do as Anovo (official service centre) have very poor reviews. I sent them my S6 Edge and they smashed the screen, it took me over a month to resolve. This seems to be a regular problem with Anovo damaging phones, just look at popular review sites and there's hundreds of Samsung customers with very bad experiences.

I've reset my phone in the hope it was a software issue but this resolved nothing.

If anyone has any information about this fault or a resolution, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

ShaVerZ

Apprentice

Hi,

I faced same issue where fast charging stopped working on my brand new phone all of a sudden.

I assume phone is still charging in non-fast charging mode, that's what happened to my phone.

I took phone to Samsung service centre based in Surrey Quays and they had to replace system board on the phone to fix the issue. They initially replaced charger and the cable, shame they don't have even a SINGLE power plug to test so had to go out to a local vendor to check and prove them wrong. 

Word of caution: Allow at least 2 hours if you are planning to go, there is nothing like appointment service available at any Samsung Service Centre. I personally found staff at Surrey Quays very helpful and friendly but I feel they are under staffed and kind of customer's they deal with is just awful. 

I hope you get your phone fixed soon, best of luck!

Apprentice

Thank you for taking time to reply. 

It was actually a system board problem.

First Poster

Hi 

I have the same problem. Fairly new phone and charger but all of a sudden wont fast charge.

Explorer

My phone was sent for repair and the fault was with the SUB Board and this was replaced. I had my phone back the very next day, so was a quick repair. They also replaced the charger.

I have the same problem, how can i lose it???  Help me please 

How can i fix my phone? Shold i sent it to Samsung Store and then they will repair it??
I have the same problem, how can i fix my phone?
Top Liked Authors