Support

Open search

S8- Fast charge stopped working

Apprentice
Sounds like motherboard failure to me, updates as you may know make the phone very hot, could have finished it off if it had a fault.
Is your phone insert contract?
Apprentice

Meant under contract.

First Poster

Yes it is, so I guess I'll see if they can repair it. Thanks for the response and have a nice weekend!

Hi I have the S10 + and found mine would only fast charge with the charger cable facing with the centre joint of the silver plug lead facing up. I also have a Samsung fast charger for my car and I never have a problem with it fast charging no matter which way I plug my phone into. I took my phone charger lead and tested it with my wall charger and phone and no problems so it clearly shows it's the charger lead at fault. The main obvious external difference between the two leads is the wall charger lead has a joint on one face of the charge plug whereas the car charger lead is seamless. It's still under warranty so I'm going to check with Samsung and get the lead replaced. As mentioned it could be an issue with the board but changing the cable seemed to work a treat for me.

Highlighted
Just Browsing

Thanks for posting, exact problem after the November 2019 security update.  :-(  Hoping enough attention for Samsung to resolve.

Top Liked Authors