Support

Open search

S8 Dark colors not uniform in homescreen

Highlighted
First Poster

I'm using a black image as my wallpaper and it fades at the top of the screen, creating some weird lines. It only happens in the homescreen, so I hope it's a software issue but I don't know, does anyone else have this problem?IMG_8002.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

This is my dark wallpaper @PedrooG and I've not noticed any fading. 

Can you try  / have you tried another dark wallpaper ?

Screenshot_20170731-200445.png

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Yeah I've tried other ones, also the wallpaper is completely black in the gallery, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem :s

Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok.

It could be an imbalce with pixels on your screen _ maybe. 

If this was my situation I'd try the colour tests via go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests. At the top are colour named panels that can help your screen. 

If that does not help then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location can run further diagnostics on your phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

I'm having the same problem! Im not sure why it happens as ive also viewed the photo in the gallery and the dark colours seem fine, but when i set it as a home wallpaper it has that weird interference. I would really like to know why and how to fix it!

I have thr exact same problem on s8. Those weird green lines that exists only on homescreen. Not anywhere else.

I had same problem with note 5 where instead of green lines i had weird grey tint on the entire top which used to fluctuate anr looked ugly. 

Please raise the issue. samsung amoled screens face a lot of problems. Many of the people i know have green or pink tints on their s7 edge and many have screen burns, leaks, what not. as for s8, i gave i for replacement as i noticed it the day i bought it. But there is no guarantee it wont hapoen again. Samsung needs to address their custoners for the problem.

Top Liked Authors