Support

Open search

S8 Bluetooth cannot be connected

First Poster

My samsung galaxy s8 plus blutooth's connection was working fine until 4 weeks ago now its stopped and cant useit on my car at all. Please help i tried everyting possible.

6 REPLIES 6
Voyager

Does this only affect the Bluetooth connection with your car? Are you able to connect to other devices, @ibrahim79

Did this start after anything in particular such as a software update? 

First Poster

Hi it does connect to my wireless speaker but cant connect my car. It just started last month not sure how/why. I am desperate  for an answer

Pathfinder

Hey, @ibrahim79. We believe the problem lies with the manufacturer of the car and this is because the S8 has Bluetooth 5.0, whereas most car kits use older versions of Bluetooth, such as 4.2.

We'd recommend that you contact the car manufacturer to ask which Bluetooth profile their car kit uses. Once you've got an answer, please get back to us, so we can advise you further.

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
First Poster

The phone was working fine up until last month tho it suddenly stopped. It works with iphone and Samsung S7. So dont know what to do. Its really frustration. I can't jus pull over eveytime i got phone call. 
Thanks

First Poster

@BeccaS wrote:

Hey, @ibrahim79. We believe the problem lies with the manufacturer of the car and this is because the S8 has Bluetooth 5.0, whereas most car kits use older versions of Bluetooth, such as 4.2.

We'd recommend that you contact the car manufacturer to ask which Bluetooth profile their car kit uses. Once you've got an answer, please get back to us, so we can advise you further.

It's nothing to do with the car. My S7 won't connect either. Why don't Samsung actually fix the bloody problem instead of palming off the issue to someone else. It's pathetic.

My Samsung S8 initially connected with my Toyota Sienna and also my ANKER speaker and boat radio. 3 weeks ago the phone "froze" and I did a factory reset, loosing pictures and contact lists, but now it won't connect with my car. It does connect with the ANKER speaker. Very strange.

Top Liked Authors