Support

Open search

S7 edge software won't update

CarlH Moderator

Yeah it's official, @Endlessproblem. Just click on Smart Switch on the previous message and it will take you there! 

Explorer
As I'm having issues with this can you be so kind as send me the direct link again as I'm still having update issues. Thank you again.
Explorer
Ahh i have this already (working now) but it's for transferring files from old to new phones ...isn't it ?

What am I missing...
CarlH Moderator

Is the Smart Switch program up to date, @Endlessproblem? Once you connect your phone to your computer via USB, you will prompted to download an update if there is one available. 

Explorer

When i plug my phone into my pc that doesnt happen. Just access to hd.  I presumed that smart switch was the app for mobile. Are you saying there's a pc version I should get and then it will offer the download option?

CarlH Moderator

That's right, @Endlessproblem, the PC version will do the update, not the mobile version. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I want my new update now 

Apprentice
ME TOO!!! Mine is stuck on Android 6

I've tried soft reset. Clicking on manual update every day, several times a day. Plugging in to Smart Switch ... only wants to backup or restore NO update offered.

Ridiculous - as the provider is sending messages that phones not updated may possibly NOT work on the network any longer

Let me know if you find a resolution

Tracey
First Poster

I got my S7 in 2017 and its still running Android six and my other S7 has updated so why can't this one really frustrating

I've tried a soft reset and plugging it in to Smart switch on my pc and still no prompt to update

Apprentice

THAT doesn't work either!!

Top Liked Authors