Support

Open search

S7 edge battery drain January security update

Explorer

Since updating to the January security update (uk) my phones draining battery at almost 2% a minute. Worked absolutely perfectly up to the update is this Samsungs way of killing off the s7 as its its almost 3 years old and the s10 is out in feb.

G G
7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

Did you get the update via the update section in your phones settings @Ginga_p ?

I ask as I'm in the UK using an unlocked bought directly from Samsung  note 9 and am on the December update.

Is anything showing in your phones stat settings for the battery ?

One good troubleshooting option is to put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working which can help to determine if this is an app or not causing this.

If battery returns to normal in Safe mode then come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time.

If it continues in Safe Mode then turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and delete the cache files

This wont delete your information in the phone.

If no joy then as a very last resort back up and factory reset after removing any relevant Sd card.

Finally a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for the info band of brothers.

Downloaded the update from the settings menu. The phone is stock. Bought from Samsung never been jail broken or flashed.

With your suggestions, went through the lot down to factory reset.

Its just odd was working fine til that day.

Been 36 months since it came out now the average time of a phone contract. Maybe its samsungs way of tell you its upgrade time

G G
DannyT Moderator
Hi there, @Gigna_p.

Did you perform the Factory Reset? Does everything seem to be working as it should now?

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Explorer

Did the factory reset and still draining.

G G
DannyT Moderator

In this case, we'd have to suggest popping into your local Support Centre or Experience Store so our engineers can take a look at this. You can find your closest here.

MCU.jpg

Explorer

Thanks for the link danny unfortunately my closest centre is a long distance away and my guide guide dog isnt good in new areas. Back to the drawing boards and moaning.

G G
DannyT Moderator
I'm sure we can help out there. We've sent you a private message.

MCU.jpg

Top Liked Authors