Support

Open search

S7 Oreo - Reinstate the Edge Clock

Highlighted
First Poster

Just updated my S7Edge to Oreo and already missing the night clock - this was the only edge feature I actually used but in the end it was worth  buying the edge for me. Please bring it back - if not as separate feature, please just allow time interval for different AoD skins (even via IFTTT for nerds - simple commands "AoD on, off, switch skins... everybody can create schedule he needs)... and  please make edge clock really "edge", not just "side" :-). P.s. whoever did not like the night clock surely also does not like the regular one during the night (as it makes even more light) and can simply switch it off completely :-)

First Poster

Update -> tried solve this using automate / tasker.  Related system parameters seems to be aod_mode (1/0 for on/off) and aod_clock_style however I am not able to read/change them (do not want to root the device). Did anybody try this and find a solution?

@SAMSUNG - What about including this as possible automation step in "smart things" app? Just simple time event trigger + step to switch AoD style... Would work at least for nerds :-).

Apprentice

I could achieve a result using a 3rd party AOD clock for daytime and the Samsung AOD solution for night time. Only issue: the Samsung edge clock is not on the edge of the screen and I could not find an alternative app that could display the time on the edge of the screen. Ideal would be a screensaver clock that kicks in on night time and while charging If anyone has an idea please let me know. 

First Poster

Agree that night clock was awesome and sorely missed. The new alternative doesn't actually live on the 'edge' part of the display (in spite of the name) so cannot see it from the side when phone lying down next to bed the way it is at night. 

Might want to tell the developers that the way to fix complaints about brightness would be too add a brightness setting, not just to remove a popular feature.

Anyone reading this who didn't have a Samsung account (like me) go ahead and register and tell them how annoying this feature loss is!

Apprentice
Haha... That's the only reason why I registered here. You're absolutely right.
Spread it to the world and then show us all the users complaining about the brightness of the night clock.
Apprentice

Loss of edge night clock is a serious gaff on someones part... reputedly due to consumer feedback on light too bright ... derr ... turn it iff for youselves if a problem ... however don't turn it off for thousands of us who bloody loved it ...

Samsung has made the mistake of listening to the wingers ... Xxx 

Apprentice

Loss of edge night clock is a serious gaff on someones part... reputedly due to consumer feedback on light too bright ... derr ... turn it off for youselves if a problem ... however don't turn it off for thousands of us who bloody loved it ...

Samsung has made the mistake of listening to the wingers only ... Xxx 

Observer

I agree. The edge clock was a great function. Now its a useless feature 

Come on Samsung , youre better than this . Add to features, dont take them away !!!

Observer
Rubbish answer - It wasn't bright at all ....and if this was truly the problem then why not just add
1. Toggle on/off
2. Manual brightness control
3. Control it with the light sensor

Come on Samsung, try to play nicely/honestly with your new friends
Observer
This is not the answer
Top Liked Authors