Support

Open search

S7 Oreo - Reinstate the Edge Clock

First Poster
I miss this feature
Back for More

This feature was, as you said, brilliant, and the ability to schedule it and the AOD so the AOD activates during the day and the night clock, well, at night made this an even greater feature.
I really hope you bring it back, Samsung.

Apprentice

Please bring the night clock back, it was one of th emost useful feature of the edge screen.

Thanks

Explorer

Yes, Please fix this....

Make my Wife love me again.........

ATT S7
SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
Highlighted
First Poster

wasted an hour searching for the settings to turn it on after it was gone after the update. why take it away? I am soooo upset right now. it was the most lovely feature on edge. I wouldn't have updated the software had I known it'll remove this feature.

BRING IT BACK, SAMSUNG!

Observer

Seriously....... why remove a feature which was most useful. Where's the logic Samsung???

@KeysNBoards wrote:

Sure, there is a side clock that is in the Always On Display settings, however:

- It is not a true Edge Clock

- It has to be on all the time. With the previous Android version, the Edge Clock could be set to be on between certain hours (e.g. overnight).

The Edge Clock was a brilliant feature, not least because it saved the head from leaving the pillow in the middle of the night!

It was a poor idea to drop it.

Please bring it back!

Observer

Seriously..... Why remove one of the most useful features. I no longer need an Edge phone now.

Thanks Samsung 

Pathfinder

Hi all,

Our R&D guys have provided some context. They confirmed that the feature was removed after many users said that they were unhappy about the brightness of the clock during the night. For now, this feature will not be reinstated. 

We understand that it's something that you all really want access to, and we have passed this on internally. Our developers are looking into solutions in future models, to make the feature better for all. 

take_01.jpg

Apprentice

@LiamH wrote:

Hi all,

Our R&D guys have provided some context. They confirmed that the feature was removed after many users said that they were unhappy about the brightness of the clock during the night. For now, this feature will not be reinstated. 

We understand that it's something that you all really want access to, and we have passed this on internally. Our developers are looking into solutions in future models, to make the feature better for all. 

This makes no sense, who doesn't like could turn it off as option.... 

First Poster

I'm sorry, but that us the most ridiculous rationale for removing a feature that I have ever heard - take away an optional feature because some people don't like it, to the detriment of everyone that does?? 

Top Liked Authors