Support

Open search

S7 Edge not connecting to Wi-Fi since update

First Poster

Has anyone had issues connecting and remaining connected to  Wi-Fi since the Oreo update? I downloaded the update on 1st June and ever since then I have not been able to remain connected to any Wi-Fi.  I've restarted the phone and my home router and nothing. Was going to try a factory reset but does anyone have any similar issues/ideas to fix it or tips? I am munching through my mobile data allowance staying connected! :smileymad:

2 REPLIES 2
Voyager

I always reccomend doing a factory reset after a major android update (Nougat to Oreo for example), it tends to solve all the weird problems like this.

I think i have read similar issues to this previously and the fix was a factory reset.

It's a pain but it works (most of the time haha).

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Aussieamy79

My Samsung Galaxy s8 phone has been fine. 

Before a Factory Reset I would suggest first to clear your phones system cache files. 

This is achieved by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache clear the files. 

No personal stuff is lost this way. 

If you do decide to Factory Reset then if your using a Sd Card I'd suggest to remove it before carrying out the process. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors