Support

Open search

S7 Edge Dual Sim - Freezing after latest update

SOLVED
Apprentice

After the latest update to G935FXXU2DRA9 .. my messaging app freezes when I either compose or open a message. To get around it I need to disable one of the SiM cards. Then it all works fine. Never had this issue before the update. Not sure what to do. Need both Sims enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Df186

I would try these in this order ....

Check if any App updates are ready in your Play Store. 

Clear the cache of the App.

Clear the System Files by turning the device Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phones file system and clear the system cache. 

Back up and Factory Reset. 

Try another messaging App from the Play Store. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Df186

I would try these in this order ....

Check if any App updates are ready in your Play Store. 

Clear the cache of the App.

Clear the System Files by turning the device Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phones file system and clear the system cache. 

Back up and Factory Reset. 

Try another messaging App from the Play Store. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Hey.. thanks for the reply.. I tried all that u mentioned except for clearing system cache and factory reset.. and no go.. works though when I installed a different app. Also now I noticed my Bluetooth act up. Made a call thru the car system and they couldn't hear me on the other end. Arrh so annoyed.. didn't want to have to reset everything thru a factory reset.. I'll try system cache wipe first. Thanks!

Apprentice

Ok. So went into recovery mode and wiped cache.. worked great. Haven't tested the Bluetooth yet but the messaging app was fixed. Mind u I kinda prefer Textra over default now that I installed it..lol but we'll see. May switch back.. thanks!

Now if only we can get Oreo on the S7 edge that would be golden!

Top Liked Authors