Support

Open search

S7 Edge AOD Edge Clock not working since Oreo update with Samsung Experience 9.0

Explorer

Hi, it is not the purpose here. Before Oreo update, Always-On-Display was, well..., always on and change to edge clock at specific time intervall you program. Now, it is always on with only one format, or you can enable this unique format at specific time intervall. But you can't automatically switch from big clock for day time to edge clock at night. That is why we complains.
Samsung lets us think it is programmed obsolescence and give us bad reason to stop a functionnality they promoted before.

Explorer

Planned obsolescence,  I'm starting to feel that .....

They will implement Night clock 2 on s 10 and note 9 for sure but not for s 7 8 or 9......this makes me go to another brand...

Its freaking Android not IOS  we should be able to customize anything without ROOT or any restriction from the manufacturer...but hey, everything is business...

Since performance will be a small improvement on the new flagships,  personalisation and design will be the selling factor, so why put all the fancy stuff on a 1yr or phone when you can put it on s10 and make people buy iui t because of that.....

Explorer

This is not solved. No acceptable reason given and a useful feature depreciated on an existing model, despite the fact that they say that it will likely be implemented in a future model.

I'm due for a new phone at the end of the summer and there is no way in hell that I'll be getting a Samsung now. Now looking forward to getting my hands on a Pixel 3 in October.

Explorer

I sas looking forward to get a Note 9, but îl just get a ***** stylus for my s7 or Second hand s9.

Planned obsolescence usually sas apples job.

First Poster

This is complete garbage. Getting rid of edge features on an edge phone is crazy. The latest update is filled with even more bloatware including craptastic faceballs junk when I don't even have an account with them. Time for me to root the phone or just go Apple.

Explorer

Root and stupid KNOX is all over you.   😉

First Poster

I for one feel ripped off. That was the main selling point of the phone to me. Time to trade it in.

First Poster

Why not just allow the users who complain to turn it off.... mine actually makes more light now that it's not on the edge of the screen because it reflects off my lamp shade.. that's my first issue. my second issue is that IT IS NO LONGER ON THE EDGE WHITCH MEANS ITS NOW USELESS TO ME.

Highlighted
Explorer

Planned obsolescence...

How Liberal of them

ATT S7
SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
Explorer

"Time for me to root the phone or just go Apple."

Do not do that, Siri is a harsh mistress

ATT S7
SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
Top Liked Authors