Support

Open search

S7 Bluetooth won't connect

SOLVED
Apprentice

I've just bout a reconditioned Galaxy S7, to replace my Galaxy S6. The problem I have is that it will not connect to my Sony Car stereo, it won't even discover it. The S6 connects no problem. The S7 also connect to my Bluetooth headphones  without issue. I have updated the S7, I've only had it a day, but that has made no difference. I've also force closed the Bluetooth, and cleared the data, then restarted, no difference. I've also cleared the cache partition, with no difference. Can't see the point in resetting the phone, as it literally has just been reset, and is only a day into use. Is this a issue that can't be solved? I would like to know, instead of going on a goose chase, changing settings, downloading apps, etc... As, I'll just take the thing back, and get a phone that can work with Bluetooth, which is essential to my job.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Ok, so I've remedied this. Wasn't sure about compatibility, or even how to find that out. Anyways, I figured the only thing that I could do, was check the stereo. Went thru the settings, no joy. So, the only thing I had left was to pull the radio out, and disconnect it, entirely from the power. Left it for 30mins, just to be sure it was dead. Reconnected, and it discovered it, and connected with no issue. Its a little slower than the S6, but I can live with it. Hope this helps someone, people hardly ever post the solution, when they find it.

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
TracyR Moderator

Hey @bluesmartie

What software version if your S7 on? 

Settings > About Phone > Software Info > Android Version

Have you checked with your car manufacturer or stereo manufacturer to ensure they're fully compatible with your phones software?

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Apprentice

Ok, so I've remedied this. Wasn't sure about compatibility, or even how to find that out. Anyways, I figured the only thing that I could do, was check the stereo. Went thru the settings, no joy. So, the only thing I had left was to pull the radio out, and disconnect it, entirely from the power. Left it for 30mins, just to be sure it was dead. Reconnected, and it discovered it, and connected with no issue. Its a little slower than the S6, but I can live with it. Hope this helps someone, people hardly ever post the solution, when they find it.

Thanks. 

First Poster
My version is shown as Android 8.0.0 I cannot connect to any of my devices shown as paired, including my Samsung S7 phone and my FitBit. They were all working perfectly yesterday
Observer
This has happened to my fitbit since updated to version 8... it won't synch and so I have unpaired it, now Bluetooth has found the fitbit but won't communicate with it. I know it's not a fitbit problem as I have just gone through lice chat with someone there and got the fitbit paired to my daughter's iPhone no problem
Top Liked Authors