Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6Edge connection problem

(Topic created on: 27-10-2019 12:07 PM)
Murffy
First Poster
Options

Hi folks, 

my phone appears to have a problem with connecting to 4G automatically. If I go to settings, connections and then networks, it is set for LTE to connect whenever it can. However when the phone goes into standby, switches off or the cover is closed, it then will not connect to 4G unless I go back to the various options and select the 3 G option before then selecting LTE again. Anyone else come across this issue?

Also a vertical line (mainly purple , sometimes orange) has appeared on my screen. The phone has never been dropped, exposed to water and has always been in a protective case.

Anyone any ideas?

Dave.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The issue with connection could be your network sim card @Murffy 

Perhaps test this by as a process of elimination try it in another phone to see if it works on 4G.

If it does then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic on the phone.

The pink vertical line is a known issue particular with your model of Samsung Galaxy Phone.

This happened with a s7 edge I once owned.

I was told the issue is the connection between the display and internal build.

On mine if i gently pressed down on the top RH corner of the screen it faded away.

As i had not dropped my phone and the water indicators had not been tripped the local Samsung Service Centre replaced the display under the 2 year warranty.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The issue with connection could be your network sim card @Murffy 

Perhaps test this by as a process of elimination try it in another phone to see if it works on 4G.

If it does then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic on the phone.

The pink vertical line is a known issue particular with your model of Samsung Galaxy Phone.

This happened with a s7 edge I once owned.

I was told the issue is the connection between the display and internal build.

On mine if i gently pressed down on the top RH corner of the screen it faded away.

As i had not dropped my phone and the water indicators had not been tripped the local Samsung Service Centre replaced the display under the 2 year warranty.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Murffy  as @BandOfBrothers  has suggested, the best way to get this looked at is taking the phone to one of our Support Centres to be examined. You can locate your closest one by following this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

Murffy
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply,
It is a new Sim in the phone, tried it in my old S3, no difference. It would appear there may be an issue with the provider (Three ) . They have had an ongoing issue in my area for 3 to 4 years and seem to be having a lot of problems rectifying it. This last week has been much better however, since they did some more maintenance on the local mast. I will wait and see how this progresses whilst looking at new phones and other provider deals.
As for the screen issue, I tried your suggestion and a few other things but no joy. It does not interfere with any of my apps or phone usage but it is a bit annoying. I will put up with it for now and see how the network issue goes. If no joy soon then a new phone and provider will be the order of the day.
Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
Dave.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Murffy 

To add sometimes invoking the colour panels and choosing each one in turn can sometimes help.

To invoke the panels key in to your phone app 》 *#0*#

0 Likes
UwU1
Apprentice
Options

if the 4g is unstable i think you shold upgrade

0 Likes