Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 battery issues

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 04:48 PM)
MasterChang
First Poster
Options

We have two S6 phones that are 4 years old.  I put new batteries in both at Batteries Plus.  Mine works fine, but my wifes does not hold a charge any better that the previous battery.  Batteries Plus replaced the battery, but it is the same.  It does take a charge and fast charge works fine, but does not hold the charge for long even on the new battery.  I charged both to 100% and let me sit side by side overnight, no open apps.  Mine was 88% and hers was 31% in the morning.  Any help appreciated.

Brian

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@MasterChang: Ordinarily we advise against using third party repair services, as we are unable to verify the parts they use. With this in mind please visit your nearest Samsung Support Centre where an authorised engineer will be able to inspect the device for you. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code. Please be aware that a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@MasterChang wrote:

We have two S6 phones that are 4 years old.  I put new batteries in both at Batteries Plus.  Mine works fine, but my wifes does not hold a charge any better that the previous battery.  Batteries Plus replaced the battery, but it is the same.  It does take a charge and fast charge works fine, but does not hold the charge for long even on the new battery.  I charged both to 100% and let me sit side by side overnight, no open apps.  Mine was 88% and hers was 31% in the morning.  Any help appreciated.

Brian

Have a look at Device Maintenance and compare the apps that use the power. Uninstall unused apps, prevent apps that don't need to do work in standby from doing so. Wipe the cache partition. If need be do a factory reset.

0 Likes