Support

Open search

Region lock from uk on s8

SOLVED
First Poster

I was in Burma trying to use Burmese sim and no luck. I'm now in UK and want to ensure next time I'm in Burma the Burmese sim will work. 

I understand about making a 5 min call from my UK sim to deactivate the region lock but can I do this whilst in .uk with my UK Samsung s8? I don't have the Burmese sim with me and don't want to risk going out there and me doing this method and it not workjng as I need it as an emergency and it's very urgent

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

To make sure the region lock is disabled @Dka1 you can visit a Samsung repair centre in the UK and they can make sure the region lock is disabled for you and that way you're not taking any chances if it'll work or not. Here's how to contact a Samsung UK repair centre.

4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice

Just put pre-paid UK Sim in make some calls 5min and done , region lock is a pain but they try stop ppl buying from other countries. To bad if you travel a lot should take that off Samsung you listening  

First Poster

Why do i need to put a prepaid sim in if its already got a uk sim in which I use for calls on a daily basis? I don't understand. How can putting a different  sim in help?

Superuser I
Superuser I

To make sure the region lock is disabled @Dka1 you can visit a Samsung repair centre in the UK and they can make sure the region lock is disabled for you and that way you're not taking any chances if it'll work or not. Here's how to contact a Samsung UK repair centre.

Apprentice

has to be a UK sim in the UK to unlock region lock, then make call 5min in the UK....then u can travel anywhere.

Top Liked Authors