Support

Open search

Reactivation Lock - S8+

First Poster

I suppose that means you can't trade in or sell your phone because the same original account would have to be established on the phone.

AntS Moderator

Hi @MartyLK.

@MartyLK wrote:

I suppose that means you can't trade in or sell your phone because the same original account would have to be established on the phone.

Once you're in the phone you can remove the Google account and set up a new one on it. Definitely advisable to remove the Google account before passing the phone on to avoid FRP-frustration at the other person's end.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I'm guessing it mean you have to run the Factory Reset from the phone itself and whilst signed in.

With the reactivation lock, if you reset remotely or forced a factory reset any other way then it shows an "abnormal reset" message and you have to sign in with the original account first 

First Poster

Hi,

I got to the find my mobile, my email was already in there. But there is no option to reactivate lock. The only things is see is: 1) Remote Controls, 2) Google location service, 3) Send last location and way at the bottom a track and control your device remotely with a website: https://findmymobile.samsung.com

The reason i need to disable reactivation lock is that i got hacked and got a new email. It tells me to disable this lock or I might run in to trouble down the road.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Apprentice

Hi.

If you have signed in to your device using the new email address with your Samsung account and your Google account and have also removed the old Samsung and Google accounts. Then you should have no issues.

Regards

First Poster

can u unlock my phone please as i need it  

First Poster

i can not go to my home  screen on my phone

ChrisM Moderator

Could you give us a little more info on this @mellisa44? What's wrong with your home screen?

Top Liked Authors