Support

Open search

Random error message

SOLVED
First Poster

For some bizarre reason my Samsung s8 has started randomly telling me "issue with screenshot" when I'm not even taking a screenshot. I have managed to ironically grab a screenshotScreenshot_20180509-205440_Words 2.jpgYou can see the error message at bottom.

Please note, this message is coming up randomly. Not when I'm grabbing a screenshot

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Have a look in your settings @Salvan3003 and make sure you haven't got the Palm swipe feature on because that's another way to take a screenshot on the s8, to swith it off do this........

• Settings > Advanced features. 
  • Switch off Palm swipe to capture

Because that might be causing your message all the time. ☺

First Poster

It stopped then did it again then hasn't happened for a while. I'm sure it was an app that was responsible but I didn't know which one but it just seems to have corrected itself now. Thank you John, I didn't know how to turn palm swipe off cos i find it very hard to use haha. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Have a look in your settings @Salvan3003 and make sure you haven't got the Palm swipe feature on because that's another way to take a screenshot on the s8, to swith it off do this........

• Settings > Advanced features. 
  • Switch off Palm swipe to capture

Because that might be causing your message all the time. ☺

AntS Moderator

Cheers @John4Oh. :robothappy:

Any joy with what John suggested, @Salvan3003?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

It stopped then did it again then hasn't happened for a while. I'm sure it was an app that was responsible but I didn't know which one but it just seems to have corrected itself now. Thank you John, I didn't know how to turn palm swipe off cos i find it very hard to use haha. 

AntS Moderator

Glad to hear that it's sorted (however it happened) - and that John's advice helped you out here, Salvan3003.  :robothappy::heart:

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors