Support

Open search

Problems with samaung galaxy s7 keyboard

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Anyone else have issues with the keyboard of the galaxy s7? I've had an s3 and s5 and have had this s7 for about 9 months and more recently have noticed the keyboard being very temperamental. It takes a while to start typing after u have touched the letters, it sticks to the screen after I have backed out of apps. I've tried resetting my phone and have googled my issue but not having any luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Try downloading swiftkey https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en_GB and see how you get on and if you get any hang ups if you don't it may just be some thing to do with the predictive side looking up words, if you have it turned on.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Have you tried using a different keyboard? also how many apps are you running at the same time? finally you say reset but what did you do to do this just so I know which you did please?.

Highlighted
Apprentice
No I just use the standard keyboard that's on the phone. I regularly close all the apps and it doesn't make any diff. I just held the power key and volume down button. It's happening on sms, WhatsApp and messenger and any other app ive used where I need to type! Doesn't happen every time but more often than not
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Try downloading swiftkey https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en_GB and see how you get on and if you get any hang ups if you don't it may just be some thing to do with the predictive side looking up words, if you have it turned on.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Apprentice
Thanks I have downloaded it and will see how I get on👍
Highlighted
Apprentice

Just wanted to say cheers 👍 have had no issues since downloading that keyboard! Any idea why I would be having so many issues with the original keyboard? 

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

At a guess I would say you have predictive text on? if so it checks a data base for each and every word (also if enabled google account/samsung account and even facebook in some keyboards) and depending on your type speed it can get choked up at times checking all those things, but that is just a guess I use this keyboard just because it can be customised a lot.

Top Liked Authors