Support

Open search

Pre-Installed Apps

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there are any apps on my Galaxy J3 (Old phone, I know..) that I can safely remove or disable without causing the device to work improperly ? Storage is a real problem with this phone. It can hardly cope with the apps that were already installed within device and the 'move to sd card' option isn't always available. 
Any way to remove the apps I don't want ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Usually you can go into Settings- Apps - And uninstall from there or long press on the app and choose uninstall. 

Others that are baked in i.e. on the phone out of the box sometimes cannot be simply uninstalled. Some can be removed by a package disabler from the Play store but be careful and what your doing with it. 

Other than that....

Delete old emails and attachments. 

Delete old texts and Mms messages. 

Delete unused downloaded ringtones. 

Delete pictures and or use Dropbox or Google Drive or Sd card to store them. 

Move or delete videos and any unused downloaded tones. 

Delete old notes. 

Delete old calendar entries. 

Shut the phone down and then from a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phones file system and clear the system cache.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I

Usually you can go into Settings- Apps - And uninstall from there or long press on the app and choose uninstall. 

Others that are baked in i.e. on the phone out of the box sometimes cannot be simply uninstalled. Some can be removed by a package disabler from the Play store but be careful and what your doing with it. 

Other than that....

Delete old emails and attachments. 

Delete old texts and Mms messages. 

Delete unused downloaded ringtones. 

Delete pictures and or use Dropbox or Google Drive or Sd card to store them. 

Move or delete videos and any unused downloaded tones. 

Delete old notes. 

Delete old calendar entries. 

Shut the phone down and then from a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phones file system and clear the system cache.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors