Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 09:45 PM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

Go to solution
126 REPLIES 126
Knockdomney
First Poster
Options
Yes. This worked for me. It's the proverbial turn it on and off fix
LJA
First Poster
Options

Suddenly my Samsung Galaxy S8 wont accept my pin code. Within 15 mins of using my phone all of a sudden it dosnt work. I have tried to rset it says enter pin, not accepted. It says restart...enter pin, not accepted. Hold power button and volume for 10 seconds...it dosnt work!!! please help, its a work phone too!! nightmare

@Simarcox wrote:

hey is anyone on Samsung reading this???

:thinking-face:

I came upon this thread just like everyone else here!! Suddenly i can't enter my Correct PIN after my phone restarts. I've been using this phone & the same PIN for over 1 year. So what gives??

Frustrated & shocked!! Luckily i had another phone to access Google and came upon this web forum!!

Thanks to the user tip here : Press the Power Button + Volume Button (for 10sec) to Hard Restart my phone & the problem is solved!!!

But SAMSUNG better address this annoying issue!?? 

0 Likes
gabystones
First Poster
Options
Worked! Thanks
0 Likes
LJA
First Poster
Options

My phone is on and I cant even turn off my phone or restart it as its asking for a pin number, it never did before and its saying incorrect pin,

0 Likes
TickTak
First Poster
Options

Yes I can confirm that just simply restarting your phone will resolve the issue. Must be a glitch in the system.

0 Likes
lubs_24
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this,. I did this this morning and fixed the same problem. It's very annoying as I had the exact same issue with ym pattern a few months back.

0 Likes
Mike1001
First Poster
Options

Same issue with me. Suddenly my S8 won't accept the pin. As this happened during a train ride and I only had an electronic ticket on the phone, I was in real trouble. 

The power-off workaround helped me too, but only for 2 two days.

SAMSUNG SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

0 Likes
zied1
First Poster
Options

Man you're awsome ! Just happened to me now on the S8 and Samsung still not adressing this !!! 

0 Likes
byrnieman
First Poster
Options

OK, what am I missing... I can't access my Samsung S8 at all... it went flat and requires the PIN when it turns back on. I can't even turn the phone off as it requires the PIN to turn it off!!!!! I have tried logigng in via the Samsung "Findmymobile.samsung.com" website but it says remote controls are off, so it can't unlock that way either. I have had this phone for 2.5years, always the same pin. So why today has it decided that the pin is now incorrect and I can't get into my phone at all.

Reading here it seems that this has been a problem reported to Samsung for over a year, probably longer. What is the solution???????? Help. 26th February 2020. Angry.

0 Likes
Wachenfeldt
First Poster
Options

1. Thanks a lot for the valuable info about Hard reset. I had 1 PIN attempt left before loosing all data, so I took a chance and tried the hard reset and entered my PIN one last time... it worked ! Fantastic !
2. Samsung: How on earth could this problem still remain in your SW after so long time. I used to work many years as Test Manager for Nokia Mobile Phones, and NO WAY we would have allowed this type of SHOW STOPPER error to be released. I understand that SW in mobile phones nowadays are very complicated with 3rd party apps and everything, but this is really a show stopper as people will loose data (including photos).:smiling-face-with-horns:

3. To all of you who have lost your phones data. If you, like me, have a Google sync (or Samsung sync) set up, you might without being aware, already have all your photos backed up in the Cloud. Go to https://photos.google.com/ and you might be surprised to see your photos there.:winking-face:

4. If you haven't already... do set up a Cloud sync. Both Samsung and Google gives you 15GB for free, and after that it's a pretty low monthly fee.

0 Likes