Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 09:45 PM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Simarcox
First Poster
Options

hey is anyone on Samsung reading this???

:thinking-face:

I came upon this thread just like everyone else here!! Suddenly i can't enter my Correct PIN after my phone restarts. I've been using this phone & the same PIN for over 1 year. So what gives??

Frustrated & shocked!! Luckily i had another phone to access Google and came upon this web forum!!

Thanks to the user tip here : Press the Power Button + Volume Button (for 10sec) to Hard Restart my phone & the problem is solved!!!

But SAMSUNG better address this annoying issue!?? 

View solution in context

126 REPLIES 126
Ellis2003
Student
Options

I'm having the exact same problem.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

First Hi and is requesting the main sim code for change not the security code by you.

Second try to delete Samsung Acount and reinsertering after delete all data about fingerprint or codes. Check and test with new entries. Restart system after that :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Third Feedback and mark as solution if works :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:, please

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

@Ellis2003 Hello and try the requestings actions, a few days ago other user had problems with fingerprint in his note10, I know it is diferent but I think it is a problem "outside" the phone :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
Ellis2003
Student
Options

I can't use the samsung account to delete my PIN since I need my PIN to enable that feature on my phone.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

If you have PUK you can order a change of PIN. Speak with your providers for instructions. Some providers have websites or apps to change it and managements :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

This info is show in the Original Card where you extract your sim.

There are an intruction as #05#PUK#nPIN..etc to do directly but I prefere that you speak with provider to give you instructions to set the PIN in the SIMCARD Security container

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Yours need to diferenciate between PIN and Security code as I said. It is not the same :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Junkson
Student
Options
I had my security PIN not working, but a restart of the phone solved it.
HaV78
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue today. Been using the phone several times today... and suddenly when picking up the phone again it didn't accept my pincode anymore. 

Luckily I had the fingerprint registered too. But all security issues ask for a pincode,  which wasn't recognized/accepted. 

So I took the gamble and turn the phone off and on again... this solved everything. 

Best regards, 

Herre 

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Ok fine, it was a random faulty, could be an internal update in database was neccessary or something Samsung special inside, then if we have similars problems directly try to restar system and check if it works correctly.

Thanks all and we continue under observation :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes