Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 13-03-2020 10:24 AM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

126 REPLIES 126
HatsuneMiku
First Poster
Options

You guys can also log in to the find my phone website through Samsung and while the pin screen is up look for the options on another phone or computer and select unlock my phone. This removes the pin, fingerprint, and iris and resets all of the security settings to default. 

0 Likes
Scumsungareretarded
First Poster
Options

Does this result in data loss?

0 Likes
HatsuneMiku
First Poster
Options

Going on to the find my phone website and unlocking your phone will not result in data loss. 

0 Likes
ismail07
First Poster
Options

after safe mode how can i get an excess to unlock my mobile ?

0 Likes
smoosun
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Please can you help.

I woke up this morning and my pin is not working on my samsung s8 plus. I have had my phone for 3 years, and same pin.

I logged onto the samsung account and tried to to find my mobile to unlock from there but it doesnt work.

0 Likes
Sarah0287
First Poster
Options

When you re-started your phone, did you loose much, ie contacts / photos etc? 

I'm having the same problem with my phone. Suddenly I cant log in as my pin has suddenly stopped working. Can only log in through iris recognition. 

0 Likes
skumar-r
Apprentice
Options

Hi Sarah,

I didn't loose any data during hard restart. But I'm not sure, does anybody lost data during restart.

0 Likes
paigesc
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue a number of times but was forced to restart/turn my phone on and off again and then it wqould let me unlock my phone with my pin, even though it said incorrect pin beforehand. However, i had to hold down the power and volume buttons for 7seconds in order to do this, purely because I needed my pin to turn my phone off or restart it. i found this method as its the same way to restart a phone that is frozen. I know this way not work for everyone, either way you're locked out of your phone, so it may be worth a try....

0 Likes
Bihsene
First Poster
Options

Guys, I need help. My phone wont accept my pin. I tried everything. From wiping cache, reseting it with volume down and power button. Everything that said on this topic I tried but nothing worked. Is there any other solution as I cant access my phone? I cant do factory reset cause I have important stuff on my phone. Thanks.

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Thank you for the resolve to this, take care.

0 Likes