Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 05:48 PM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

126 REPLIES 126
B4RB4R4
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem! Press volume+ and power simultaneoulsy doesnt work 😞

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@B4RB4R4 wrote:

I have the same problem! Press volume+ and power simultaneoulsy doesnt work 😞

To force a shutdown/reboot press Vol Down + Power. To enter maintenance mode press Vol Up + Power ( + Bixby if one exists ) AT START. When the phone is up and running Power + Vol Up won't work.

0 Likes
B4RB4R4
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately this does not work. I am asked to enter a password, but I have never set a password. I also cannot create a new security code or password, or a fingerprint or face recognition.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
B4RB4R4
First Poster
Options
Tnx, but i didn't work.
0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@B4RB4R4 wrote:
Tnx, but i didn't work.

Then bring the phone to samsung, together with a proof of ownership, and let them completely reinstall it.

0 Likes
B4RB4R4
First Poster
Options

do you lose your data then?
0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@B4RB4R4 wrote:

do you lose your data then?

Yes, everything and completely. Which is internally on the phone, of course. And not on the SD. Which you should remove before anyway.

0 Likes
shyjanadr
First Poster
Options

I am also facing same issue on my s8+, showing incorrect pin, from last 2 years i am using same pin..

I re-entered the pin more than 14 times and the phone is reseted to factory default..without any data..

0 Likes
skumar-r
Apprentice
Options

Hey Buddy,

Please press Power + Volumn Down (-) button, it will hard restart your mobile. I did it and it solved my problem.

Please do the same buddy. Definitely it will help you.

Thanks

0 Likes