Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 29-11-2019 07:53 AM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

126 REPLIES 126
Emilian2810
Student
Options

I took the risk as I needed the phone. I don't want to say you do it and everything will be fine as I don't know what will happen to yours. My opinion, try to restart the phone. 

0 Likes
Karen2103
First Poster
Options

Same happened to me last week. Reset the phone and it worked for a couple of days then BAM!!! It happened again. It's now happened 4 times in a week. Had to setup my fingerprint and iris recognition and sometimes that doesnt work either. Not good when I need my phone for work. Samsung get it sorted!!!!

0 Likes
vengelson
First Poster
Options

Same  problem, a restart solved the issue

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Karen2103 wrote:

Same happened to me last week. Reset the phone and it worked for a couple of days then BAM!!! It happened again. It's now happened 4 times in a week. Had to setup my fingerprint and iris recognition and sometimes that doesnt work either. Not good when I need my phone for work. Samsung get it sorted!!!!

That sounds like something where wiping the cache partition might help https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34311

0 Likes
Saptarshi723
First Poster
Options

thanks a ton! i was panicking and didnt know what to do! Chanced upon this thread and did as directed. Great help. Thanks again!

0 Likes
DodgeyDave
Student
Options
Does this delete all the data?
0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@DodgeyDave wrote:
Does this delete all the data?

You mean wiping the cache partition ? No, it doesn't delete any user data. It delete technical stuff taht android is supposed to work better and faster with. But that gets reconstructed after the wipe at the next restart.

0 Likes
Jukebox
First Poster
Options

This happened to my S8 today. I woke up and my phone wouldnt accept my pin. I havent changed this pin or any phone configuration in atleast a year.

Force restarting the phone using volume up and power worked, I then was promoted for my pin to decrypt the phone which was accepted,  it then took a few minutes to unlock which is worse than usual, and then restarted itself again.  Again I was prompted for the pin to decrypt, again it took longer than normal, and then it booted correctly to my lock screen. Unlocking with my pin worked again.

0 Likes
zhong
First Poster
Options

No it does not wipe off any data. I have tried and the phone is now back to normal.

My issue also due to the phone storage is full at 100%. Thus after clearing some unwanted stuff and did a hard restart by power button + volumn up button, all things back to normal again.

0 Likes
Galah
First Poster
Options

I just fixed this problem with a soft reset (holding volume down and power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the phone turned itself off).  Now that I have access back, I see that it was a Samsung software update last night (G950FXXS6DSK8 etc) which must have caused the issue.  What a relief to have access back!!!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I too am having this problem.  The phone did its regular 3:30am update 
(probably some app) as my husband was woken by the clicking and the light being emitted from the phone.

This morning when I went to open the phone, it's not recognising my PIN which has remained unchanged in the 2+ years I've had the phone.  I tried to restart but it won't even allow me to do that.  It's asking for my PIN to restart  or power off the phone.

0 Likes