Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 08:07 PM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

126 REPLIES 126
HaV78
Apprentice
Options

@SAMSUNG, this ain't fun anymore... Today again! The same issue... suddenly the pincode wasn't reconnised anymore... same like yesterday, a restart of the phone solved it again... 

Junkson
Student
Options

Yes, I believe this issue started for me with the latest update, so hopefully some bug they fix quickly.

JaclynGoldCat
First Poster
Options

Have you tried signing on in safe mode and changing your pin?

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

0 Likes
LPF075
First Poster
Options

Thank you  :smiling-face: HaV78 this worked for me as well

0 Likes
Salsa82
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me this morning where PIN suddenly was not accepted. After reading your posts I also turned my phone off and then on and it seems to have resolved the issue. Phew. Thanks 

0 Likes
Emeeerelee
First Poster
Options

I have this problem AT LEAST three times a week. It's f***ing annoying. Please fix  this Samsung!

0 Likes
Saima1
First Poster
Options

I m feeling same probelm what i do 

0 Likes
Solution
Simarcox
First Poster
Options

hey is anyone on Samsung reading this???

:thinking-face:

I came upon this thread just like everyone else here!! Suddenly i can't enter my Correct PIN after my phone restarts. I've been using this phone & the same PIN for over 1 year. So what gives??

Frustrated & shocked!! Luckily i had another phone to access Google and came upon this web forum!!

Thanks to the user tip here : Press the Power Button + Volume Button (for 10sec) to Hard Restart my phone & the problem is solved!!!

But SAMSUNG better address this annoying issue!?? 

Trinity04
First Poster
Options

Thanks to you all, took the restart & that solved the issue...

Mash2
First Poster
Options
This worked for my s8
0 Likes