Support

Open search

Picture issue in gallery

First Poster

My s8 gallery all of a sudden yesterday have all the pictures and videos I took yesterday saved as a grey box with a exclamation mark in them, gutted as it wad my son's birthday... 

Any help would be great. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Voyager
Hey @Haulincarp! Welcome to the Samsung Community, are you still experiencing this problem? Are you having issues saving any other data too such as your videos? Do you have your files backed up at all?

samos.png

First Poster

Hi, still having the same problem and yes videos are affected. The problem is intermittent and what pictures I do manage to save say they are not a supported file format when trying to use what's app or Facebook.

Apprentice

Hi, so i had this problem to and was racking my brain, the issie arose when i did a update, and it was only old pictures that was not showing (grey background,explanation mark), my pictures were there but not showing in my files to, ive just this minute on a whim encrypted my sd card and tvey have all returned. 

Apprentice

@Haulincarp wrote:

Hi, still having the same problem and yes videos are affected. The problem is intermittent and what pictures I do manage to save say they are not a supported file format when trying to use what's app or Facebook.

Gallery issues
Hi, so i had this problem to and was racking my brain, the issie arose when i did a update, and it was only old pictures that was not showing (grey background,explanation mark), my pictures were there but not showing in my files to, ive just this minute on a whim encrypted my sd card and tvey have all returned. 

AntS Moderator

Hi @Haulincarp. Did At9's suggestion help you out with this one?

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Hi

I tried encrypting my SD card in my S8 and it made no difference..in gallery only select photos are greyed out with exclamation mark.