Support

Open search

Pics suddenly appearing in gallery..

SOLVED
Navigator

Hi All, 

I've a note 8 after ditching iPhones. My question is this how do I stop pics and videos that friends are sending via WhatsApp and Messenger automatically going in my gallery. It' quite embarrassng at times. Especially when I've not even bothered to look at what was sent. I close the app and forget about some stupid pic or video I've been sent only to find it in my gallery days later. I previously switched off any downloads but then when I wanted to see what I was being sent it said download it. I don' want comical unsolicited nonsense my pals send that thing is funny. Being uploaded onto my phone or the cloud. I'm new to Samsung's so after being on iPhones it's taking a little time work around. But love the phone though. Thanks all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

I would suggest to look in those Apps you mention preference settings. 

Thats where things like permissions are. 

Also to add when a person downloads an app from the Play Store it will advise you what systems etc it needs to have access to. 

If you cant change preferences for some reason then your options would be to remember to delete them or ask the people involved not to send the material in the first place or remove them from the apps. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I

I would suggest to look in those Apps you mention preference settings. 

Thats where things like permissions are. 

Also to add when a person downloads an app from the Play Store it will advise you what systems etc it needs to have access to. 

If you cant change preferences for some reason then your options would be to remember to delete them or ask the people involved not to send the material in the first place or remove them from the apps. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors