Support

Open search

Photos have disappeared from gallery

Welll this happened to me today after the software update. All my photos that were on my sd card vanished. Tried restarting the phone with no luck. I turned off the phone completely let it sit for awhile turn it on. And boom photos were back on my phone. Hope that helps some people. 

Observer
Oh I am going to try shutting completely off. Lost all my school pictures/videos from today of my grandkids...so frustrating.
Observer

This issue happened to me as well. I do not have SD card installed. I was using Gallery app and all my photos used to be in that app, all but a couple of random ones disappeared one day. Today in an attempt to resolve the issue, I installed Google Photos app and Voila!!, found all my missing photos in Google Photos app. Try this and see if it works for you.

First Poster

Hi Folks,

This has also just happened to me.

I have only just bought a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) and it has just deleted some photos I took yesterday. I think I have them all backed up in Google Photos, but can't be sure.

My phone does not seem to have a recycle bin.

This is all bad news, so I have also turned on OneDrive camera photo back up,  and turned on both wifi and mobile data back up for both of them.

So how do you fix this? I am seeing image when I take the photo but it is not in the gallery. I must be saving to the SD card

hey I had the same problem. And here's what I did. (but I cant say if it will be the same outcome to you but the album really came back after I did these 😅)

-Clear the update of the gallery app from the settings

-update the app again but this time from the samsung galaxy store

- go to the gallery then go to the settings of it

- click the samsung cloud and you can see the sync now part then "unsync" it 😅

- Then viola ~ go to gallery again and youll see it came back 😊

Observer

Download the app "DiskDigger" from the app store. My wife lost her pics off her phone and I opened that app (after a few hours digging into it) and ran the scan, and all the images she took had appeared in there...then you can save them to a folder, THEN BACK THEM UP!

I hope this helps!

Hey,  Not sure if you have found your pics but the same happened to me this morning.  Managed to find the pics.  My phone is in spanish so I am guessing at the translations in english but I found mine in Archives/Records - then Internal memory  - then DCIM. Hope this helps. 

Hi mumsung note I idid my update then I lost my all my camera photos which is veary important for me can ihave help please 

it saved on SD card, no because i was out travelling i didnt have the time to back them up on my google drive and yes i was using stock camera app but on my s9+

Top Liked Authors