Support

Open search

Photos have disappeared from gallery

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I have just gone to the gallery on my S8 and 99 % of my photos have gone, including 1 I took yesterday. I ran an update at the beginning of the week but nothing since. Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Thank you for your help. Samsung drive had sent them all to the recycle bin.
52 REPLIES 52
CarlH Moderator

Hi @Doddy1892. Are you saving your pictures to the internal memory or an SD card? Are you backing up your pictures using Samsung Cloud/ Google Drive? Also, are you using the stock Camera app that came pre-installed on your Galaxy S8?

Apprentice
When I take pictures they usually go into the preinstalled gallery app on the phone. The phone does backup to Google periodically
CarlH Moderator

Have you checked if your missing pictures have been backed up on Google Drive? ^CH

Apprentice
Thank you for your help. Samsung drive had sent them all to the recycle bin.
CarlH Moderator

Have you successfully retrieved them @Doddy1892

Apprentice
Yes thank you
AndrewL Moderator
That's great news, @Doddy1892
First Poster

Glad you fixed it but I'm going to jump in here. Since a recent update the gallery app has stopped seeing the sdcard so any photos on it will seem to have disappeared. It also means that if you have the camera set to save to sdcard you will get the preview in the camera app after taking the photo but if you click it the gallery app will open on the last photo saved on the device. 

First Poster
hi, i have a slight similar issue, i can not view the camera album in my gallery ,i do not use a memory card so i wonder. i can see the file on my dcim folder but not in my gallery . please help
Top Liked Authors