Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos disappeared from Galaxy III Mini

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 09:01 PM)
MCDec
Student
Options

Hello,

I am new to this forum and not gadget savvy. I have an old Galaxy mini and it has purged itself TWICE of all my pictures.

I have read similar posts here where it says the  pix could be in the bin. But the mini does not have a bin.

I have now created a Google photos account, but the missing photos are not there.

I am in the process of migrating to a new and better phone, but concerned the move will ¨kill¨my old one and deprive me of the opportunity to retrieve those pictures.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are the photos being stored directly onto the phone or a Sd card @MCDec 

If Sd card then your card maybe corrupted or the phone isn't reading it correctly. Try ejecting the Sd card and clean the contacts carefully with a soft cloth and carefully re seat it.

Personally I store my photos on my phone and auto back up to Dropbox as a failsafe.

When choosing a new phone try to choose one with a decent amount of internal storage and remember some of that storage is taken up with the phones Os.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MCDec
Student
Options

Thanks! No, the photos were directly on the phone and I am afraid I did not back them up.

I am surprised they disappeared completely... twice!! Without any warning.

Yes, I have chosen a phone with better storage, but can I recover the ones my phone deleted without warning??

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can't understand why the phone would purge pictures @MCDec  in the first place !

I assume you've looked absolutely everywhere in your phones Gallery.

If the phone does have a recycle bin it would be in a place similar to Gallery and press the top 3 dots in the Lh corner of the phones screen.

There are various recovery programmes which usually come at a cost but as I've never used any of them so I can't recommend one.

I once lost all my pictures which is why I now also back upto Dropbox. Other online vaults are available.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes