Support

Open search

Photo Editor

I recently updated my galaxy s8 software and before I did this, when you wanted to quickly edit a photo in your gallery you could simply click on a 'wand' that would automatically make your photo look better. Since the update, it seems to have disappeared. Has this been removed or just moved? 

I really enjoyed that little tool and I want it back! 

Thank you! 

16 REPLIES 16
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @JoeDelaney93

I'm using the s8 on Oreo 8.0 and I have the same options as you. 

No wand.

There's now more options under advanced and also if you press the 3 little dots in the top left corner and choose Open in Photo Editor Pro. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

LiamH Moderator

@JoeDelaney93 If you open the Gallery app and select the Filters icon Capture.JPG, there's an 'Auto' option available. 

take_01.jpg

First Poster

I agree why would they rem ove this feature. The auto is nothing like the "auto adjust" on previous version it actually makes pictures worse. I used this to edit my photography for my course and now it's gone my picture quality is inconsistent. Of I uninstall gallery updates will I loose my photos? Samsung bring back the auto update button PLEASE!!

What I hate is that the good Samsung Photo Editor opens only from the Samsung Apps folder and only when we are connected to the internet! The version installed on our phones with the Gallery folder isn't as good! I dunno why is Samsung doing this?!

Hi! My Photo Editor Pro seemed to have disappeared after the update. It happened with my older Samsung phone as well amd never got it back. Do you happen to know how to get it back? Thanks

I agree the upgrade is nowhere as good as the previous version.

Bring it back.

When I try to use the Advanced features I used to have it now takes me to some Licence agreement that I cannot agree to and goes nowhere.

Very unhappy with this upgrade  or should I call it a DOWN GRADE.

I recently updated my software and the option on the tight side 3 dots of "Open in Photo Editor Pro. " has now been eliminated. I am unable to do portrait edits now. Is there anyway this can be resolved. 

Same applies at the camera. Face shape is also not there anymore.

First Poster

I have recently update my note 5 software when I find out that photo editor pro is already disappear in my eye. The add image icon is my favourite among my editing. Because I add image to another image a lot of time.

Please bring it back the photo editor pro ?

thanks for info

Pilar Project

Top Liked Authors