Support

Open search

Phone malfunctioning after update

Apprentice

Since the last update my Galaxy S6 is malfunctioning. The camera and gallery aren't working properly and i am constantly restarting the phone plus I am having an issue with the favorites option in the phone. I cant reorder  my favorites the way i wish. Very frustrated 

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser I
Superuser I
Hi,

If a phone is not behaving as it should after an update then the best practice is to...

Power the phone down and go through the process of clearing the phones system caches. Google search will advise how to do this on your model of phone.

If no improvement then back up to preserve your information and Factory Reset.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Voyager

How's the phone performing now, @JJCawley

Apprentice

Not great. The camera seems to be working normally but the phone keeps freezing and has to be restarted. It seems that since the last system update there has been problems

Voyager

Okay, did you manage to clear the phone's cache? If not, try this:

1. Turn off your phone.
  2. Press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together.
  3. Once all buttons are held for a few seconds your device should vibrate – at this point you can release all the buttons.
  4. The Samsung recovery mode will now be displayed.
  5. Scroll down and select ‘Wipe cache partition’ (use the Volume keys to scroll and Power key to select)
  6. Select ‘Yes’
  7. Select ‘Reboot system now’ and press Power to confirm.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Apprentice

Yes I cleared my system cache but to no avail. Would a factory reset be any good? Do I have to back up all pictures, music and apps to my laptop?

Voyager

Hi @JJCawley! At this point I would suggest visiting one of our Support Centres for further assistance from our engineers. It is a drop in service and they will aim to inspect/repair your phone in the same visit. For your nearest one, head to: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/ is there one close by? 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I did a factory reset and (fingers crossed) it is sorted. It seems to be working better now. Thanks. If Samsung would sort out the favourites issue in phone calls it will be perfect( I can't reorder my favourites list anymore since the update).

Superuser I
Superuser I

Good to hear the suggestion to Factory Reset helped.  

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors