Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition to revamp one UI or revert the changes to recent apps

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 03:36 PM)
Blaq
Explorer
Options
Hi. I am a samsung galaxy s8 user. So i have a limited insight in the specific issues of other models. I have however noticed a large dissapointment inside alot of different forums im different websites. Some over hundreds of pages of complaints about the recent Samsung update to the whole phone interface.

I created this petition before i had an idea of a more widespread petition notice so my initial discription in the petition is limited. All new added content or changes to the petition will be added in the updates in the petition. 

You may also share your concerns here and i will make sure to read them all and possibly add them to the updates in the petition.

Petition to change ONE UI! http://chng.it/DyJfN8Tk5R
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
f5711
First Poster
Options

I would second this.  

Linking a system update to a version update of the Messages app stinks.

This samsung Messages app version has a regression of features numbering in the dozens.  With the primary loading state of the app, having 50% of a mobile screen being blank with the word Messages on it is crazy.

The Messages app is also no longer listed in the Galaxy Store, and has been firmware locked in the OS app menu.

No swipe on messages is a crazy feature regression, no sort on messages is a crazy feature regression, 50% of the app being blank on load is a crazy feature regression.

0 Likes
Blaq
Explorer
Options

@f5711 wrote:

I would second this.  

This samsung Messages app version has a regression of features numbering in the dozens.  With the primary loading state of the app, having 50% of a mobile screen being blank with the word Messages on it is crazy.

The Messages app is also no longer listed in the Galaxy Store, and has been firmware locked in the OS app menu.

No swipe on messages is a crazy feature regression, no sort on messages is a crazy feature regression, 50% of the app being blank on load is a crazy feature regression.

@f5711 wrote:

I would second this.  

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Could you screenshot the issues and link them here? I will add this as an update to my petition as soon as i can pin point a good explenation of this issue. 

I just reverted back to oreo on my s8 so i cant check it out manually myself :smiling-face: never used the messages in pie lol. I was so mad i hardly used the phone.

0 Likes
Blaq
Explorer
Options

I have scoured through some youtube videos of the one UI messages app. And indeed i can see that 40% of the screen is occupied with a empty box listing the word messages.

The swipe function, do you mean that part where you could instantly swipe left/right on a message to either instant call or send message? How is it in the new one UI, do you have to enter into the conversation to have that option to call?

I cab clearly see how bad this is. One does deliberately open messages, why u need half a screen to tell you that you did? Lol

Also i didnt understand what you ment with sort thingy? Please explain :smiling-face: ill add update to petition as soon as you reply

0 Likes