Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

(Topic created on: 02-09-2018 01:34 PM)
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

210 REPLIES 210
mouhane
Explorer
Options
Those who hoped for a new major update for Galaxy A5 (2017) will be disappointed: Samsung will not release Android Pie officially for this smartphone, despite the small hopes that emerged in recent months.

The hopes of which we speak originate from the certification by Samsung of Galaxy A7 (2017) for Android Pie, a device very similar to Galaxy A5 (2017), launched with the same Android version and which has received the same software updates: pity that the update to Android Pie was planned only for the South Korean version of Galaxy A7. So no Pie for the international version of Galaxy A7 or even for Galaxy A5.
0 Likes
WerWolf
Apprentice
Options

But indeed its not fair at all ... this is one of our  rights to get android pie 

Filipe3
Explorer
Options

OMG even the J3 2017 gets pie and A5 2017 doesn't!!!!!

0 Likes
WerWolf
Apprentice
Options

Some body responds please =(((((((( 

Filipe3
Explorer
Options

We should Get Android Pie we deserve it!!!

0 Likes
KingR300
First Poster
Options

Bruh, they officially updated J7 2017 so you think there is more power? If they updated J-series, should of updated A-series too:thinking-face:

0 Likes
Han_YOLO
Journeyman
Options

There's a Rom! I typed a long reply but it got deleted):

Anyway theres a Rom. No bags. Someone made the South Korea A7 2017 Android Pie One UI Rom an international version. It's for A5/A7 2017 Available worldwide!! All languages supported!!

You can try it out for yourself!! 

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series-2017/development/rom-hadesrom...

aracelireal
Journeyman
Options
I read the comments and people is mentioning bags..
0 Likes
mouhane
Explorer
Options

Today i installed a custom rom android pie for my A7 2017 ... its really work great even better then officiel oreo rom ... fast and great battery ... no need to wait samsung to bring pie 

0 Likes
mouhane
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20190819-191947_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-192005_Settings.jpg