Support

Open search

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

Even my S5 still has enough power to run Android 9.0 fine, so that don't seem to be a reason for me.

Explorer
Explorer

galaxy-a7-2017-android-pie-update

Apprentice
New Samsung phones are impressive! If we don't get Pie I think as soon as it get to Argentina I will replace it with Samsung A40 great phone size very similar to a5 and a huge screen! better processor and camera, more Ram, bigger storage .. It will be hard I love our phone but it's hard to process we won't have any other software updates, it's hard even to find cases and I look for them in many countries and it's the same I think that is because is a phone that is discontinued now..
Apprentice

Hi! I'll add the link I've used to download the room. There you will find everything you need to know about that room: Bugs, how to download step by step, features and a lot more.

The Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series-2017/development/rom-hadesrom...

Apprentice

A lot of cheating has been going on in the A series since they ever existed the same thing happened to the previous models.

But now i will exemplify for the latter ones:
The A7/A5/A3 2017 only received the 2017 software which is android 8 and came out of the box in 2017 with 2015 software android 6.
This just ain't right.
The same unfairness will happen to the a8 2018: it's going to receive only the 2018 software which is android pie and came out of the box with the outdated android 7 instead of android 8.

So at the end none of those devices receive software from the year after their release.

But J7 always received the proper updates

Samsung galaxi j7 2017 has android 9 and a5 2017 doesnt.and samsung j is the worst samsung 

First Poster

I switched to OnePlus 7 Pro with Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and will no longer return to Samsung.

First Poster

If they say the two major updates are android 7.0 and 8.0 to me thats bad business on 8.0 cause 8.1 was much stable when i used it on j5 pro 2017  and was anticipating on using 9.0 on my A5 2017 was very disappointing on top of that i see j5 will receive 9.0 update. And to me a5 2017 is way better in performance than j5 

I need an update ⚠️ we've waited enough.

Either google or samsung work on it

Observer
Thanks!! I tried to do it but I couldn't even make TWRP work tried many times and didn't install. It's a shame it seems to be a great Rom
Top Liked Authors