Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

(Topic created on: 27-12-2018 07:58 PM)
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

210 REPLIES 210
Jatzcracker
Journeyman
Options

I agree and A3 2017,  these models arn't very old really!!! and would look awesum with Pie! .. cant see any reason why they wouldn't run it????? even S7 models would run it..... Iphones are update all the time! . Probably shouldn't count Marshmallow they were bit late to game on that one, so if they want to stick to the 2 rule Oreo and PIE 

TnA
Journeyman
Options

Sorry @'Chewbacca', but you have no clue what you are talking about and are claiming false things to be fact!

Fact is, that every Android-Version starting from 4.0 are using subsequently LESS resources than the previous versions (to accomplish the same or even more at the same time, on the same hardware!).

LESS CPU-Cycles for the same tasks, less used/needed RAM, lass abstraction layers which would waste CPU-time&cycles and recourses, less needed battery while having/granting an an even higher performance, less interrupts in speed-dependent things, etc.
...and so on...

What you claim is BS! In fact, Android 9 would run even better and it would be great for Custom ROM developers, which could finally use the official drivers...

That's the greatest new thing about Android 9, IMO!

danieljackson93
Apprentice
Options
Agreed... samsung, you have to update the Galaxy A 2017 series to pie as the came out with old software and google has stated that all popular android phones have to be supported for at least 2 years and android pie has come out and the galaxy a 2017 have not turned 2 years yet... and as a customer, we would love to have a bit out of android pie too, please try make it happen
danieljackson93
Apprentice
Options
I still want an option for android pie
danieljackson93
Apprentice
Options
Stop lying to yourself it updates during setup
TnA
Journeyman
Options

@Samsung: Guess what's the best of the hole situation! Sites like AndroidPit and Android Police PREDICTED THAT YOU WOULD ACT THIS WAY!!! THEY KNEW THAT YOU WERE PUTTING THIS OLD ANDROID-VERSION ON THERE TO HAVE THE EXCUSE LATER... 'OH! BUT WE DID PROVIDE 2 MAJOR-UPDATES'!

UDI17LIVE
Student
Options

Hi Chewbacca,

Just to tell you Oreo runs seamlessly on my Galaxy A5(2017). Although it wasnt a flagship , it had flagship quality specs(except the camera). I see no reason why they should give this phone the Pie update. It could run better than oreo like it did with nougat. I dont think you have used an A5 or A7(2017) before. Or if you have used it you havent used it good to know how the device works. And one more thing, Just because it wasnt launched in the UK deosnt mean the rest of the world wont use it.  Dont be so selfish.

btrzanne
First Poster
Options
SAME FEELS!!! I REALLY HATE IT THAT WE, A7 2017 USERS, WILL NOT EXPERIENCE ANDROID PIE. BUUUUUUTTTT SAMSUNG SAID THAT THERE WILL BE 2 MAJOR SOFTWARE UPDATES!!!! HEY SAMSUNG!!!! WE WANT ANDROID PIE!!!!!!!!!! DON'T CHEAT!!!!!!
Rohit134
First Poster
Options
Ya it should be update into 9 even all the iPhone's is automatically updated into new software even mobile is too older
sedlarov
First Poster
Options

The support for that phone (A5 2017) is piece of c...

It should support carrier aggregation, but the frequency combination used in my country (1800+2100) is not supported and samsung is not issuing an update to do so. Also the phone should be volte capable, but again not software update for that. With that kind of support this will be my last samsung device.